Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Working at Kumon

Yesterday was my first day at Kumon (as a part-timer) and I gotta say it's interesting and I enjoyed working there lots. Although I had to multi-task and deal with kids at the same time (yes, it's "crazy" and I was as busy as a bee), it's pleasant enough and I believe it's great to learn new things. It's a bit messy to me at first, but as time went by, I began to understand the flow of work and things got easier and it did help me much. All the staffs were helpful and it's really nice to work in such environment. Even the kids were friendly enough and I must say they're so, so adorable. I still remember one of the moments where I was busy recording some data, a cute little girl approached me and gave me a sweet.

Cute little girl : Hello teacher, for you... *hands me a toffee sweet*
Me : *feels surprise* For me... ?
Cute little girl : Yes, for you teacher *nods her head*
Me : Aww, thank you, very sweet of you...

Cute little girl just smiled and then, she started doing her work as I watched over her and guided her.

And there's another moment where a little boy had to do some writing work. I guess he wasn't really interested as he kept yawning and wrote quite badly so I tried to encourage him.

Me : Do you like stars?
Cute little boy : *Looks at me* Yeeess...!
Me : How many stars do you want?
Cute little boy : Five stars! *shows me 5 using his fingers*
Me : I'll give you 5 stars if you write nicely... ok?
Cute little boy : Ok teacher... *nods his head and starts writing*

Ahh... kids are just so adorable ain't they? :) Now, I'm feeling more excited to go to work tomorrow, tee-hee...



No comments: