Tuesday, July 17, 2007

43 Things

If someone mentions '43 Things' to you one day, or you simply come across those words, what is it that come to your mind? Is it... 43 of your favourite things? 43 things that you dislike? Or 43 things of your to-do list? Well, if you look at it in a perspective, the possibilities are almost endless.

A few years ago, I registered for an account at a website which enabled people to write down their 43 goals, get inspired, and share their progress and achievements. Well, it's more like a self-help or self-development kind of thing which I did find it interesting, inspiring and motivating. Although I didn't complete my '43 Things' list, I did manage to achieve some of my goals (both important and unimportant) and I gotta say it did help me much.

Unfortunately, as time went by, I started to lose track of it and slowly, '43 Things' was out of my memory. It wasn't about my goals that I'd set, but mainly of the whole processes and the confidence that I had diminish. I felt I wasted time, and also I felt weird for writing down and sharing my goals in cyberspace (although I stayed anonymous). As a result, I stopped logging in.

And just a few moments ago, voila, I stumbled upon '43 Things' and it somehow inspired me once again. Since I couldn't log in to my old account (forgotten my username and password), I registered for a new one and wrote down 16 - 17 things that I want to do and goals that I want to achieve. Sure it is a long way to go (especially to complete everything until the 43rd goal), but I believe with self-discipline, courage and determination, anything goes well.

Meanwhile, it does not stop me from pondering as well. Yes, '43 Things' is a good site for inspiration and motivation, and how it changes one's life indeed, and at the same time, I gotta say I'm grateful to have my family, my Special, teachers/lecturers and friends who have inspired, guided and encouraged me along the way (and still, they do).

Well, do visit http://www.43 Things.com for more details. Nah, I'm not going to post about my goals here but if ya all are still curious about it, let me just give ya a hint. 'I need to achieve one of my goals in a few weeks time'.

Alright, that's all for now as I go fill up more space in my list. And 'Happy Doing 43 Things'! :)

No comments: