Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Pitter-Patter

Rain is one of the eternal sounds, like wind and waves, and as I was listening to the rain pitter-pattering on my house roof a few minutes ago, I gotta say it's very soothing and comforting, and even can lull me to a good sleep. According to Sound Sleeping, relaxing music and nature sound (like rain) can aid sleep, reduce stress, and provide a relaxing atmosphere.

Although there is goodness in rain, I dislike rain at times especially when it comes pouring down heavily like cats and dogs, with flashes of lightning and roar of thunders. As a result, it may hamper outdoor activities, damage electrical goods (due to lightning & thunder) and also, it tend to be pretty gloomy where there's only dark clouds hanging in the skies, and that's when I begin to think rain is not really soothing.

Oh well, I was whining about rain a little bit, but heck, I still gotta say rain is not that bad after all as it mainly depends on situations. Perhaps next time when there's HEAVY and "never-ending" rain, I should put something like this up on my window. *grins*

No comments: