Friday, August 17, 2007

oooooBubble Teaooooo

"What's that?? What is the girl drinking?," I asked one of my friends while we were walking back to school.

"Huh...? Who?" My friend replied with a puzzle look.

"You know... the girl who's drinking something with round thingy at the bottom with big fat straw"

"Oh... I think it's called bubble tea. New drink in town."

"Have you tried it?" I asked.

"No, not yet. Wanna try?"

"Sure!" I answered with delight.

Well, the conversation was many, many years ago while I was still fresh in high school. It was pretty interesting as I saw many students drinking Bubble Tea, mostly at noon. It ain't surprising as the Bubble Tea shop was located just a few walks away from my school, thus, it's truly convenient. I ain't a frequent Bubble tea drinker but I did like it as I think it tasted pretty nice and refreshing. And not forgetting those tiny round thingy or pearls at the bottom of the drink. Looked cute I gotta say. :)

And a couple of weeks ago, I had Kiwi Bubble Tea (my other favourite is sour plum) and it tasted really good. Dad went to night market (usually on Fridays to get his fave Rojak) and asked if I wanted anything so I told him Bubble Tea. As I was drinking, I thought of the conversation that I had with my friend of how she and I discovered the new drink in town. Back then, it was crazy and everyone wanted Bubble Tea. The shop (nearby my school) had very good business and all teas sold like hot, hot cakes. But now, the craze has gone, still it's nice to have Bubble Tea once in a while. And perhaps, I would like to have another one tonight.


No comments: