Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Skin Whitening / Lightening

Every girl or woman wants to be beautiful. To be more specific, the female gender wants to be beautiful, and there's no doubt I want it too, or perhaps I should say to stay as pretty and beautiful always. I know I'm vain, so do pardon me as I go on with this vanity post of mine. :p

According to wikipedia.com, skin whitening is a term covering a variety of cosmetic methods used to whiten the skin. It is especially popular in Eastern Asian countries, but is also used in parts of Latin America, Southern Africa, Mauritius and the United States.

So, what is up with all the skin whitening / lightening craze that occuring and advertisments /marketing that you see on tv, in magazines, billboard etc.? Well, according to health-cares.net, skin whitening works by absorbing the UV rays, thus preventing the sun from darkening your skin. Also, by reducing the production of melanin, the skin pigment found in your skin which is responsible for skin darkening. In other words, it helps one to achieve a more lighter, youthful and radiant complexion.

As I notice my skin gets darker and more dull lately, I believe it's due to over exposure to sun rays, or perhaps an imbalance diet. At the same time, although I have quite a number of good skin care products, I don't really use them, or should I say I don't use them diligently or religiously. BUT, I finally realize it IS important to maintain a proper skin care regime (basic steps : cleanse, tone and moisturize), and also to protect the skin from harmful rays by slathering the right SPF in order to have GOOD skin.

Thus, I've been doing all those beauty steps lately. Looking back, I used to skip the toning part, but I realized toning does help in one way or another as my T-zone is getting less oily-er day by day. In fact, I'm achieving softer and smoother skin, and let's just see if my Loreal 'White Perfect' skin care set truly works on me. :)

Next time when I look at myself at the mirror and ask "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?", hopefully it'd answer me "Stephanie, you ARE the fairest of them all." Tee-hee :P

No comments: