Wednesday, March 14, 2007

American Idol Season 6

I've been always a fan of American Idol and in fact, I still am. I just think it's a very nice music reality television show. For this season, it's simply OK but I ain't that impressed as there are only 3-4 GREAT singers, contestants that REALLY CAN SING. And as for the voting, it turned out pretty dramatically as for those who should stay were voted off. Although I can't vote, it's kinda upsetting to see them out of the competition, especially when Sabrina was voted off the show. Well, she surely can sing, no doubts about it. And as for those who should go were not voted off, in my humble opinion, Sanjaya should really get out of the competition. No wonder there is quite a number of debates over American Idol whether the contestants are being judged over TALENTS OR LOOKS.

Anyways, the top 12 finalists will be performing tonight and I believe it's gonna be interesting and exciting. It'll be a special 2 hour show of classic Diana Ross songs, so yeah, we'll see who's gonna be the best tonight.

And here are my top favourite contestants of the show and I thought of sharing them with ya all.

1)
Blake Lewis - He's simply unique and his music style differs from the rest. Well, I think he sounds quite like Justin Timberlake.

2)
Lakisha Jones - She has a strong and powerful voice and she sings beautifully. Very, very nice.

3)

Melinda Doolittle - Truly a STAR and she's AMAZING, and her voice is FLAWLESS. I like her a lot and hopefully she can be the next American Idol. :D

4)

Stephanie Edwards - Hah, she's my favourite not because she has a same name like mine,tee-hee... but she can sing very well and I do think she's a great vocalist. At times, I think her voice is quite similar to Beyonce Knowles, especially when she belted out 'Dangerously In Love'.


*Catch American Idol on Starworld, Astro Channel 70 on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 6pm (and repeat at 8pm)

No comments: