Monday, June 26, 2006

Beckham saved England

England 1
Ecuador 0


Watched the match yesterday and I gotta say it's just ok, not great. The first half was boring and pretty uninspriring (yawn). But there's a moment where Ecuador nearly scored a goal and a little anxiety swept over me. That's when I began to b**** about the match to Mel and she's like "CX told me as an England fan, you shouldn't b**** about them." Haha, that's true though but heck, I wasn't impressed with the first half at all. Moreover, I wasn't happy with the way Rooney played alone up front (formation 4-1-4-1).

As for the second half, things changed when Beckham scored a goal from his free kick and yes, you can imagine how delighted I was.

Overall, I'm happy that England managed to enter the quarter final (with Portugal) and may all the luck be with them.

Here's quite an interesting news, check it out - Portugal, England make it through the hard way

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beckham saved you! you should thank him. errr...but actually i hv predicted their goal difference would be 1. it won't be more than that, because i look down on Eng. that's why i would never accept half ball hehe, and i set the rate at 1 and let ya choose the team.

Steph C said...

Hmm....perhaps i should change the title to 'beck saved england and me' hehe...

england, england, england...sigh...