Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Creativity

When I was kid and a teen, I loved to draw, paint and design. I'd spent hours in my room producing artwork or simply sketching on a drawing pad. It's one of my hobbies and I gotta say creativity opened my mind to endless imaginations and wonders. But as time goes by and as I grow up, I begin to do those things less and less although there's still passion inside me.

As I had some free time lately, I went back to creativity and I found it nice and relaxing. It's been ages since I last produced an artwork or drew, so it wasn't surprising that I ran out of ideas, and worse, inspiration stuck in between. It was pretty frustrating as my first attempt didn't work, but as I tried to open up my mind, my second attempt was a success and yes, I was satisfied. :)

I realized more that creativity takes time and patience, and I gotta agree with Epicetetus (Greek philosopher associated with the Stoics, AD 55-c.135) that "No great thing is created suddenly."

--------------------------------------------------

“Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.”
- George Bernard Shaw

No comments: