Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Twenty Two = 22

I turned 22 yesterday and yes, it's my birthday. Looking back when I was twenty one, I felt that being twenty one was something significant but as I grow older, I realized
twenty one is just a number. In fact, what most matters is not about growing old, but growing up in life instead.

With family

On Saturday, two days before my birthday, my family and I went to Coliseum ( a very old and vintage cafe) to have an early birthday dinner together. As it's my first time dining there, it's something new and I was kinda amazed with the interior decoration and also, I got facinated by the history of the cafe. Apart from that, the food was nice and I ordered 'grilled turkey ham with hash potato, pineapple and salad.'

About a couple of weeks ago, I still remember that my parents asked if I wanted to throw a birthday bash. I thought about it and I decided that I was ok without it as I preferred something "quiet" this year. Thus, my parents took me out and had a lil' celebration with me and it was great.

With my Special

No words can describe how I felt as my Special celebrated with me on Sunday in the heart of Kuala Lumpur. We went to Red Box at Low Yat Plaza to have a karaoke session and it's fun. Although I'm bad at singing, still, it's nice and I enjoyed belting tunes with him. He even sang me a birthday song "live" and aww, he's so sweet!

After the karaoke session, he brought me to a revolving restaurant at Federal Hotel and the place and ambience was very nice and romantic. We could see the beautiful scenery of KL and it's was simply awesome. And not forgetting about the set dinner that we had - it's delicious.

Also, my Special asked me to open the birthday gift and I did. It's a very, very lovely white-gold pendant (a heart-shaped lock + key). At the moment, I was simply speechless and I didn't know what to say. And yes, no words could describe perfectly how I felt and I think I nearly cried. Hee, I could be quite emotional sometimes...but I gotta say it's so, so wonderful and sweet of him! And how could I forget about the mouth-watering almond cookies and potato chips that he gave me. And also, the DVDs!

* To my Special, I gotta say I had a GREAT, GREAT time with you and every single moment spent with you was very beautiful. And I love every single thing that you gave to me! Although time flies, memories remain, and always, I'd place them in my heart! Here are eight letters, three words and one meaning - I LOVE YOU!

With my friends

My college friends gave me a lil' surprise yesterday and we celebrated at a nearby cafe. They bought me a small cake, a bracelet and necklace for my birthday gift and although it lasted for only thirty minutes (due to classes), it's still very thoughtful and nice of them.

When I look and ponder deeply what birthday is all about, I come to realize that birthday is not only celebration and gifts, but the love of my family, the love of my Special and also, the love of all my friends. Yes, I'm really, really blessed to have all of them and also, the love that they shower me, not only on my birthday but every day.

2 comments:

ACTORSITE said...

Steph....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Steph C said...

Thanks for the wishes and also, for visiting my blog.