Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Michael Wong's Commitment Concert 2006

Michael Wong's concert was the second chinese concert I attended after Andy Lau's Vision Tour in Malaysia. For all these while, I had little interest in going or attending a chinese concert, mainly because I knew nothing much about chinese stars and the songs that they sing. But after attending two chinese concerts and having great experiences, I begin to realize that it doesn't matter what languages the songs are, and who the artists / singers are, as long as it is music, it brings enjoyment and even touches one's soul. According to Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Outre-Mer, "Music is the universal language of mankind" and yes, I gotta agree with him because after all, doesn't music transcends boundaries? :)

On Sunday, 1st of October, Mel and I attended Michael's concert at Bukit Jalil and although the whole concert was in Mandarin, that didn't stop me from indulging in live music and enjoying myself. Well, the concert was a great one and certainly, there were several moments which I couldn't forget. The first was the opening where it started out with a bang, and appeared two person clothed in black and white ( Michael was in white) and both of them sang a song together. The guest artist who was in black wasn't revealed though and this made me very curious. Anyway, the concert continued and Michael did a bit of dancing and it surprised me because what I knew about him was that, he's well-known for his ballads, slow kind of music. But he performed well (together with some dancers in the background).

Besides, Michael also belted out some songs while he was playing the piano and I gotta say it's simply wonderful. And not forgetting he walked down to the stage, stayed close and shook hands with some of his fans. And there was another moment that caught my attention while he was singing 'Commitment'. His fans were throwing paper planes around the stadium ( I did throw one too) and the whole stadium could be seen with flying paper planes and ahh...so magical. Well, I also love his ending where he sang Tong Hua (Fairytale) and it got me pretty excited, because at least, I knew about the song and believe it or not, I could even sing the chorus part, hehe. Thanks to Mel for always playing Tong Hua in the room and got me learn (the song) by heart! :)

As for production, it's a great one as well. The lights and stage were beautiful and creatively arranged. I personally liked the big, red heart-shaped which was on the screen while he was singing some ballads and boy, it was romantic. I tried taking pictures using my cell phone (so that I could send them to my Special via MMS) but the pictures turned out really, really bright and that's when I realized my cell phone camera is pretty...umm...useless, hee. Anyways, I also couldn't forget about the light sparks on the stage and confetti showered a part of the audience, and yes, it was beautiful.

Well, I gotta say Michael's Commitment Concert was great, heart-warming and touching, and I enjoyed it. And now, should I borrow Mel's hun's CD? Hmm... maybe I should! :)

No comments: